The Importance of the Press Release Headline
- Getting your press release picked up by news agencies and other publications. Your headline needs to get the attention of journalists and editors and show that you have a newsworthy story.
- Catching the attention of the average reader. The headline must relate what the article is about as well as make the reader interested in reading further.
- Getting ranked in search engines. Not only does the headline have to get readers attention, it needs to be found and ranked highly by search engines before a reader is ever likely to get to it.
The press release is a great way for smaller businesses to promote themselves on a small budget but to be effective the press release must get read, and the headline plays a major role in that.
How to Write a Catchy Press Release Headline
There i a great deal riding on the success of your press release subheading. To give it the best chance of doing what it has to do use the following guidelines when creating press release headlines:
- Keep it brief – Long headlines aren’t effective. Use a headline that is easy to read when scanning text.
- Keep it clear – Avoid big words or those that most aren’t familiar with. Use language that is easy to understand and make it clear what the topic is.
- Don’t hype – A press release is supposed to be a news story, not a sales brochure. Avoid the use of superlatives.
- Be interesting – Create an emotion, show the reader how they benefit or be unique.
- Put keywords near the beginning – Place keywords as close to the beginning of the title as possible to be more effective.
It isn’t easy to come up with a catchy headline and takes time and practice. You may want to consider using a press release writing service.
We Can Write You an Effective Press Release
When you are busy building and running a business, writing a press release can be an inconvenience and take up time you need to spend elsewhere. Our press release writing service can shoulder the press release responsibilities for you. We use professional writers with extensive press release experience that know how to get the results you need. When you use our service you get the following:
- Guarantees on any type of work we provide you with
- Inexpensive rates that are affordable on a very tight budget
- Online order and payment process that will be easy
- Client’s support available any time of day or night
When you need a press release, contact us to get an effective press release from our press release writing experts.
Image credit: http://www.slideshare.net/ClaireLee6/how-to-write-a-great-press-release-26885839