Writing a press release whether it was a company press release, a grand opening press release, or a regular press release requires following precise pointers concerning the format and the text content.
1.Concerning the format:
- Clear and brief title
- Large font size and bolded headline
- Include # # # at the bottom of your text or ENDS.
- Write your company’s contact information at the top-left hand margin or at the bottom of your text right before ENDS or ###
- Form a dateline that comprises the city where the article is created and the date.
- Include at the top-left “FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE”, for an immediate distribution or “HOLD FOR RELEASE UNTIL…” for a postponed distribution.
2.Concerning the body text:
- Take care of your Headline: make it brief yet attractive.
- First Paragraph: Start with a short description of the news; the first paragraph is crucial to attract readers, this is exactly where you should include answers to the five crucial questions: when, where, why, what and who.
- Don’t write a long boring text: Be brief a regular press release is no more than one page.
- Include subheadings in your content: subheadings make an excellent guidance to readers. They will have the power to manipulate the text in an easier way. Subheadings will form a guide that they will be able to follow and find out the main ideas of your news.
- Include formatting: bold, underlined, italic text will help highlight the important ideas of you release, as well as numbering or bulleting.
- Use images to design your press release: illustrations will draw more attention to your news. Company press releases with graphics are more like to become.
3.The distribution of a company press release:
- Free press release distribution sites: your choice should be made based on which ones will get the company press release added to new search engines.
- Send it to the Associated Press. It might be hard to get anything published through them but it doesn’t hurt to try; they might find the press release with a certain media value and be interested to cover your news.
- Send it to your local newspaper: small national newspapers or media centers are usually more susceptible to publishing local valuable news than others.
Be sure to always find the best content with Press Release Writers!