Guidelines for writing a press release for charity event
A press release for charity event is intended to let the public know about the event. Although for charity instead of profit, it has the same purpose as a press release for any other event. That being the case it should contain the same elements as other press releases to be effective.
- Use a headline that grabs the reader’s attention. Headlines should clearly tell what the press release is about, attract the reader’s interest, and be brief.
- The opening paragraph should contain all essential information. This is the who, what, when, where, why and how of the story. Who is holding the event and who benefits, what is the event, when is it, where is it, why is it being held and how can the reader learn more. The lead paragraph should contain no more than two or three sentences.
- Write in the third person with a clear and concise style. Paragraphs should be two to three sentences, and sentences should also be kept brief.
- Have a call to action that lets people know what to do next.
- Make sure to include contact information
Use a charity event press release sample as a writing guide
When you write a press release for charity event or a new business launch press release, use a sample charity event press release as a guide for how to write your own. The following is a charity event press release sample:
Immediate: Information contact: Mary Jones,
W: 2222211111, C: 2222213333, email@example.com
BANDS PLAY FOR FRIENDS BREAD
Feed A Friend Foundation today announced it will host the Fifth Annual Bands For Bread concert Saturday, August 7 at Mid Park auditorium, located at 2525 Main Street. Cost is $12 per person and all proceeds go to the Feed the Hungry Foundation.
The event will feature three bands including local favorite the Tumbling Rocks. Refreshments will be available at the concession stand, with proceeds also going to the Feed the Hungry Foundation.
Feed A Friend Foundation is a nonprofit organization which provides dietary needs to homeless members of the community.
For tickets and information call Mary Jones at the Feed A Friend Foundation, 555-555-5555,
If you are unsure how to write an effective charity event press release, one alternative is use our press release writing services.
Advantages of using our press release services
We can take the chore of writing a press release off your hands, leaving you to focus on other things. When you use our press release services benefits include:
- Effective press releases written by experienced professional press release writers
- Guarantees on all the work we provide
- Affordable rates. Discounts are available
- Easy online order and payment process.
When you need a press release that gets results, contact us for an effective press release that will meet your needs.
Image credit: http://blog.winspireme.com/how-to-write-a-press-release-for-your-fundraising-event-part-2-of-3