Getting the media to look into your business requires you to be adept in coming up with an impressive company press release but how can this be done? Truth be told, not everyone can create a press release that generates buzz. If you are given the task to write a press release for the company or a press release for new product, you need to brush up on your press release writing skills to be able to produce a well written content.
How to Write a Company Press Release
- Write a newsworthy story. Think about what makes your company newsworthy and why people should care about what your business is all about. This way, you’ll be able to draft a more comprehensive press release.
- Killer headlines win. Journalists often get a lot of emails regularly so it is always better to label your press release with a great headline. Make your headline eye-catching and understandable at a glance.
- Get the top line into the first line. You need to practice inserting the most important bit of your press release in the first line to entice journalists to read your PR further. The first line is basically the summary of your story which should be around 15 to 20 words.
- Be clear. When writing a press release company it’s best to be as straightforward as possible. Add sub-headers and bullet points to make your press release easier to understand.
- Use quotes. Including quotes in your press release can make it more personal but make sure that you are not using technical words or jargons so that others will understand.
What Your New Company Press Release Should be About
When writing press releases, creating an outline is a must as this will help direct the flow of your story better. Since you only have a few paragraphs to write, make sure that they contain relevant information about your company such as why people should do business with you, what you can offer your clients, and how you are different from the rest. Keep in mind that your press release is about sharing information that journalists can use to write their own take about the kind of business that you are running.
Write like a Pro
Even if this is your first time to write a company press release, you can still sound like a pro by following the steps mentioned above. Stay focused on your writing and make sure that you address all possible questions that journalists will be asking about your company. You can always provide additional information by ending your press release with where you can be reached as well as your company’s official website.
Make your press release stand out by hiring our writing company today!