There are various formats that you can use when you are writing your press release. Remember that you should choose the best format that will enable you to highlight the crucial information in your press release. Here are tips in order for you to maximize the use of the best press release formats:
- You should report in third personal; always bear in mind the purpose of your press release and this is to report on vital event, news and other information. In your press release, you should be a report in order to maximize its effect given that your target audience is journalists and other media representatives.
- The best press release formats should have words under 500; select carefully the words that you will use. Provide your readers with clear and attention grabbing headline; this will help you catch the interest of your readers.
- As much as possible, be accurate and detailed in your press release; the content of your press release should be effective, interesting and informative.
- Capitalize the first letter of all the words in your headline; do not use upper case letters or exclamation markets.
- In your press release formats, you should begin with a good introductory paragraph that will content all the most important and vital message about your press release. In your first paragraph, this should summarize the news release and tell the entire message.
- In your paragraphs 2, 3 and 4, you should pick up information where you left of in your first paragraph. You can include quotes from key staff, clients and even experts.
- No matter what press release formats you will use make sure that you provide contact information.
- Try to keep your press release short and direct to the point; this should not be promotional but offer significant information about news on your company.