How to write an app press release
If you have an app that you are ready to launch then you will certainly want to write a press release promoting the launch. There are a lot of apps out there and if you want to get yours noticed a press release is a good start. A press release is meant to provide information to journalists that are useful, accurate and interesting which is something you will want to keep in mind while writing. Keep your words and your sentences clear and concise. You want to say as much as you can in as few words as possible, without leaving anything important out. For example if it’s a mobile app press release make it clear it’s a mobile app.
App press release structure
When structuring an app press release or film press release it will be contain the following elements
- App icon and/or company logo
- Headline-Should be catchy and not too long
- First paragraph-This will cover all the basic information you want people to know in simple terms. Explain in 2 or 3 sentences what your app is, what it does, why people should use it, when is it available and where they can get it.
- Body- This is where you can explain your app in further detail, without getting too technical. Keep in mind a press release is written in the third person, like a news story. Write as if you are a journalist and try to avoid marketing adjectives
- Final paragraph-Company or developer information. You might include a URL to your website where they can get further information. In the line below your final paragraph write “End” in the middle of the line.
- Source and contact information
App press release and social media
Press releases are no longer just about getting the information out to news media and publications. For the best results you will also want to work through social media, and it has become fairly standard to do so. There are no guarantees that the journalists, bloggers and websites you submit to will get your press release out there for people to read. Including social media in your app release ensures that you will be reaching more audience. Include in your press release multimedia links such as links to videos, RSS feeds and pictures. If you have other apps, include links to them as relevant links. Use tags like Twitter hashtags, Facebook fan pages or other methods of sharing. If you are unsure how to write your app press release or how to write a news release you can make use of our company’s press release writing services. Our professional writers can provide you with a great press release. They are experienced and well qualified copywriters with the background and know how to write the best press release possible and customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Contact us for all your press release needs!