Getting started on your app launch press release
With the launch date of your new app approaching it is time to start thinking about your press release. You want people to know about your app and what it does. A new app press release is just the way to get news about your app out there. When writing your app press release keep the following things in mind
- A press release is written in the third person as a journalist would write a news story. Avoid hyping your app so that your press release doesn’t sound like a sales pitch
- Hook them with a headline. You don’t want to be over the top but at the same time it should be something that draws attention
- Be brief but make your points. Basic journalism. The press release should include who, what, when, where and why
- Write in the style of the publication you are submitting to
Structuring the app launch press release
Press releases including news press release follow the same basic structure. Publications get hundreds or even thousands of press releases and using the format they are familiar with makes it easy for them to quickly assimilate content. If you stray from the format it may lead right to the recycle bin. There are many free templates available online that you can use as a guide. For content open with a good headline. The first paragraph should contain all the information that is really necessary in 2 or 3 sentences. What does your app do, who would want to use it, why would they want to, when will it be released and where can they get it. You can expand somewhat in the next couple of paragraphs but having all the information in the first will let people know if they want to read further, and secondly if you get accepted but there is limited space you have covered all points. The last paragraph should give basic information about your company. In the center of the line beneath the last paragraph write the word “end” so they know that’s the last of the information to include. At the bottom provide source and contact information.
- App launch press release golden rules
- Remember these important rules when writing your app launch press release
- Put all the key information in the opening paragraph
- Use a press release format
- Include contact details
- Be brief
- Don’t write like its a sales pitch
- Proofread your press release
You can turn to our company’s press release writing service for help with your app launch press release.
We can provide you with a professionally written press release at affordable rates. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed because we are committed to providing the best press release service available. Use our easy online ordering process 24/7 and let us provide the best press release writing service to help launch your new app.